Tuesday, October 18, 2011

You Can't Pray The Gay Away... End Of The Ex-Gay Movement?

Man who tried to help people banish homosexual attractions says he never saw it work


Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

Last week, John Smid, the former director of Love in Action, the country’s oldest and largest ex-gay ministry, acknowledged on his blog that, contrary to the claims of the movement he represented for decades, gay people cannot become straight. “I’ve never met a man who experienced a change from homosexual to heterosexual,” he wrote. He himself certainly has not. “I would consider myself homosexual and yet in a marriage with a woman,” he explained. He loves his wife and has no plans to leave her, but wrote, “this doesn’t change the fact that I am who I am and she is who she is.” Read Full Article

No comments:

Post a Comment